View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 04:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,178 Times in 4,571 Posts

Quote:
mid-thigh or full-length tight-fitting spandex pants with no belt along with close-fitting shirts.
That's what SERIOUS bikers wear.

Quote:
The tight fit is supposed to lessen wind resistance and make riding fast easier.
Some of us have no intention of either being serious or going particularly fast on a bicycle. I ride my bike for casual exercise if I ride it at all. Any T shirt will do and loose fitting shorts as well. Spandex is for skinny people going at high speed - neither of those terms will ever be used with my name attached.

Thus, a simple fanny pack belted around my waist that holds my keys, my identification, my phone (this was not a consideration when I bought the fanny pack but times have changed), AND MY GUN, fills the bill. I do have to note that the fanny pack I use was designed for this purpose and the gun sits in an interior "holster" (velcro bands that adjust) in the last "pocket" and there is a cord that protrudes from that pocket. IF I pull the cord the zippers go in opposite directions and VOILA! A very accessible handgun appears. (As discussed above.)

If you can get one like that you will be well served.

What works best for me is a fanny pack; however, the gun is not quickly accessible that way.
The Following User Likes This Post: