Thread: EDC Lesson
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 10:35 PM

Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
I am amazed at how many people ramble on and on about how they must consider the legal ramifications of employing deadly force, even in their own homes.

That may be ok for contemplation in a safe secure environment. In other words,
"Get all your worrying done before you draw your gun."

But if someone busts into your home, armed with a gun, knife, pickaxe, whatever, and charges right at you, that is not the time to think "I must reflect upon my options, with a view to the legal consequences, especially if my use of force may appear excessive in a court of law."

The old saying makes a lot of sense:
"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
And this rambling that you are amazed by . . . it happened here, in this thread? Because I'm looking for the "he busted into my home [with a deadly weapon] and charged at me" -- followed by "I must reflect on my options with a view to legal consequences" -- and I'm just not seeing it.

Maybe if someone busts into your home with a deadly weapon and charges you, you should focus on eliminating the threat through whatever means necessary.

On the other hand, if you're filling up at a gas station and get an uneasy feeling about someone, maybe hold off on putting that someone in the ground and take some precaution.

Sounds like OP sensed something off and prepared himself for a nasty situation -- great job OP / Old cop!
The Following User Likes This Post: