View Single Post

Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 AM

Liked 25,748 Times in 8,702 Posts

Gun owners and shooters NEED TO LEARN what a properly tightened screw feels like. I can not tell you how many gun owners leave screws way too loose. Just yesterday while shooting my friends Colt 1911 his grips were sliding all over the place because of loose screws - he just doesn't know how tight to make them. NOT GORILLA TIGHHT, but tight enough! I pulled a screwdriver out and tightened it for him -problem solved.

IMHO Loctite should NEVER be used on S&W Revolver. That is my opinion because I have NEVER EVER had a screw loosen up on me unintentionally - NEVER.

The ONLY TYPE of gun that I have ever had a screw loosen up is on my Colt SAA's after many rounds. As they rumor goes...... If you carry a SAA, carry a screwdriver! The reason is that on SAA's you can not tighten up screws to much because they will actually squeeze the Frame tight enough to impede smooth operation.

But back to Smiths....... I've NEVER seen the need to use Loctite and have mentioned this here on the forum since I've been a member. Still, others have to do what they have to do. YMMV!

I save the Loctite for the Harley

Last edited by chief38; 07-31-2017 at 10:05 AM.