View Single Post

Old 07-31-2017, 11:38 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,595 Times in 2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Remember what I was specifically responding to

The guy wasn't an inmate regardless of what things looked like the guy wasn't an inmate.

So if you shoot the guy even if it's ruled 100% justified you still killed someone who didn't need to be killed.

Do you really want to live with that?

Just for the record, Smoke, I don't value your life anymore than you do. Now, thats not directed straight at you. Thats a general feeling about everyone. If you are willing to forfeit your life for a prank you get what you deserve.

And regardless of all the emotion, I would draw my CCW and place him at gunpoint until a LEO arrives. I would prevent him from leaving my presence until a Law Enforcement Officer said he was free to leave.

Earlier in the thread Muss said he thought an "elbow to the face" was appropriate. So what happens if that is ineffective. Or allows the nimrod to get closer and more aggressive? Is that less of a penalty than placing him at gunpoint?

You folks go ahead and hash this out. I've been carrying a firearm concealed for >35 years. I've never been arrested, (well, not in the USA. There was this one time in Mexico.....nevermind) discovered, or caused serious social problems. I have had the occasion to draw my firearm twice. I think I'm pretty levelheaded and very good at threat assessment. The actions of the nimrod in the OP's post would have governed my response. I would have drawn my CCW. I would have held him at gunpoint. I would have shot his worthless butt if he attempted to flee.

He was playing a game. I'm not. His actions are just as important as mine.