View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 12:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,255 Times in 505 Posts

added another rifle to the family

, I was watching the local arms list the other day and a lady posted this weatherby 308 for trade, she had a picture of a target showing a 4 inch group at fifty yards, and the gun in a left hand right action boyds stock, she had decided that a 308 was to much gun and to heavy and wanted to trade for something lighter. she had the factory stock and 4 boxes of shells to go with it

so I made contact with her and it turned out she just lived 5 miles from my hunting farm where I have a 100 yd. static range set up,

I traded her a savage B-mag with the plastic stock and heavy stainless barrel with a bsa 17wsm scope on it that is a tack driver

after her first shot with the b mag she was in love with the gun. she was shooting at a 1inch bullseve and put her first three rounds into it, and then I let her shoot a 1/2 gallon water filled milk jug at 200 yds with it and she saw the power of the little round

so we traded and I took procession of the like new stainless weatherby accugard In that purple stock with a bass pro shop redhead rim fire scope on it. and 4 boxes of 308 Tula steel 150 grain ammo.

she said she bought the scope because it looked pretty on the rifle

I told her that her rifle had the wrong glass and with better ammo, and glass it would shoot a lot better

but she said she loved the little savage and all she basically did was shoot paper on her home 50 yd. range

and just to keep me from feeling like a thief I gave her 150 to boot

after she left I put three rounds of 168 grain match through it at 100 and they landed in a 1 inch group with the little $60 dollar scope

so now I am going to put it back in its original weaterby laminated stock, when I get in its new glass, and will have a purple stock and a silver 3x9x40 rimfire scope to place on my table at the next gun show

here it is next to pre 64 Winchester 70 target setting in its new home

Last edited by ky wonder; 08-01-2017 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: