View Single Post

Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Christmas eve 2015 I was meeting a carpet cleaner at a rental condo that I own. As I arrived, I saw the guys truck parked at the front door...and the knucklehead who lived in the unit above was pulled up beside him, door to door, giving him trouble about parking there.

I blew my horn because he was blocking the aisle. He pulled ahead and parked, but waited for me to exit my vehicle before he got out, spouting profanities about what he was going to do to me. He was surprised when I stopped in my tracks and faced him, with a facial expression that I hoped said - "bring it". I had had trouble with him on several occasions and always walked away. Today, I'd had enough!

He stared at me for a second, and then slowly reached his hand across his body into his jacket as though reaching for a gun at the cross-draw position, saying - "I will shove this dessert eagle up your...". I quickly cleared my jacket and got a firing grip on my glock 23, but didn't draw. I'm sure he saw the rear of the slide and knew that he had just bluffed his way into a bad situation. If he had moved that hand even slightly from inside his jacket, that would have been my signal to draw and shoot. I think my reaction surprised him, and after a few seconds he slowly backed away to the buildings door, spouting expletives as he did, and went in.

My hand didn't leave the grip until that door closed behind him and he went up the stairs.

Last edited by Protected One; 08-03-2017 at 07:56 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: