View Single Post

Old 08-02-2017, 12:13 AM

Liked 148 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Could you not have bought a rifle with those parts installed as OEM or at least a lot of them? I don't see the point of buying a rifle that you don't want then buying more parts to change it and tossing the other parts you paid for. You could have built your own for that matter.

I still think the Sport II is an excellent value especially at this price. There are other good rifles with those parts you mention. I paid $650 for one plus a really nice range bag just recently. It had a lot of the parts you mentioned. It was built locally by someone with a very good reputation for doing it right. And it was cheaper than buying a Sport II and replacing the parts with the upgrades you listed.
I've seen this point of view tossed around a number of times since I've been here. Every time someone says they changed something up on a Sport, this comes about. Which is fine. But every time, I'd like the one that posted it to post their entire parts list and price plus shipping/tax below it, as well as where it came from. Might give anyone looking to build a rifle some insight into any future purchases. On the adverse of that, a year or so down the line if they try to sell it, you tell them its a Smith & Wesson Sport with whatever stock/trigger/etc. and they say "OK". Easier than telling them its a Heinz 57 that you slapped together with the cheapest parts you could find from 5 or 6 different companies. A totally different point of view there, but still a legitimate one.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: