View Single Post

Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Liked 18,135 Times in 2,529 Posts
Default Our own Crazyphil's "Renowned Gun Leather"

Phil sent me a copy of his extensive work " Renowned Gun Leather " as a prize for guessing a maker. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.
I have Phil's permission to include the photo of his cover below, he copywrited his work which was a smart move. The spiral bound book includes numerous color photographs and is packed with solid and useable information-topics include history, renowned makers, terminology, holster values and how to tell what a holster fits.
One of the things I enjoyed most when reading Elmer Keith's books as a youngster was how much his love of what he wrote about shined through. Phil's book shows the same enthusiasm for his subject-he knows what he's writing about and he cares about it.
I'm still working my way through it, it's 65 pages long. I don't know what his plans are for making this available, I hope he has such plans, but I'm awfully glad I have a copy. Thank you, Phil, for writing this and for letting me enjoy it.
Regards,
turnerriver
-db-, 1moondog, 3589, 410bore, 6518John, amazingflapjack, ApK, Arby, arjay, Barrie, bigwheelzip, Blue Streak, bmcgilvray, Bob L, Bodiebadman, boykinlp, bronco45, bruce5781, cmansguns, Cocked & Locked, crazyphil, crsides, Cyrano, dennis2146, DevilDog72, ditrina, Doc Barranti, eb07, Eddie Southgate, Erich, fat tom, FifthWheel, firemanhank, g-dad, GerSan69, goatsnguns, GPIII, hs125, Iggy, Jessie, jframejoey, JH1951, JoansMom, Joe Kent, joeintexas, John F., Kansasgunner, keith44spl, kraynky, kthom, ladder13, lawandorder, LB001, Lee's Landing Billy, LEO918, les.b, linde, LittleCooner, LOBO, loknload, lrrifleman, M. Hutchinson, M1A, Maddog 521, Mblhopo, MCorps0311, mscook, MSgt G, Muss Muggins, nate-dogg, norm, nuguy, OLDSTER, Ole Joe Clark, oneounceload, Onomea, P.44, Paper Maker, parsonbw, Pig Hunter, quinn, ralph7, rburg, rednichols, REM 3200, RobertJ., RTILSON, Russell Cottle, rustythread, rwt1405, SAFireman, shakiesam, Shark Bait, shawn mccarver, sipowicz, storyman, SwampRanger, THE PILGRIM, thomasinaz, tipoc, tlawler, TNranger, usmc2427765, vigil617, vytoland, Watchdog, yashua-p, Zarr