View Single Post

Old 08-03-2017, 07:03 PM

Liked 4,694 Times in 653 Posts
Default 2" J Frame type 22

There just isn't much out there if you are looking for one of these sans the lock. Model 34's are out there price wise, I was even looking for one that might be finish challenged, used a lot but not abused and no luck. I was looking for all steel or mostly all steel, nothing available. Except for Charter Arms. Started looking for a CA just to put my hands on and that wasn't even possible. LGS no go, Academy nope and nothing at Cabelas either. LGS says they can order one for me, I say I wanna at least touch it before I buy it. Last resort was a Gun Show, I don't even like going to those anymore because most everything there is black and plastic or you got dealers just waiting to harpoon somebody. Well, I went in hopes of at least seeing one and golly gee whiz I got to handle two of 'em! Do all manufacturers send their products out the door these days somewhat rough? Last new recently manufactured gun that I bought was something CZ, can't remember what model it was but it was perfect. Granted, this is a Charter Arms, an entry level gun I suppose, it seems well made but I guess I should say that it needed some break in time. After about 500 cycles of the trigger, cylinder release, ejector rod, opening and closing of the cylinder, it has smoothed up really nice. I'll try it out this weekend, hopefully it's a straight shooter.

The Following 4 Users Like Post: