View Single Post

Old 08-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Liked 153 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkreutz View Post
Typically solid pins are tapered, as well as the holes they go into. This is because if the pins and the holes were straight, they would have a tendency to "walk" out of the hole. Straight holes usually specify either a roll pin (like the original M&P's) or a spring pin (like the later 1.0's) because the spring action keeps them in place. Typically taper pins have to be removed from right to left (looking from the rear of the gun) and installed the opposite way. I haven't measured the pins on a 2.0 but I suspect they will be tapered. Whether a spring pin would work, I don't know, but suspect that a properly sized spring pin would compress enough on the small side of the hole to work, but that would have to be confirmed by trial.
The pins on the 2.0 are basically just like the are on a glock. Straight pins that are just ever so slightly larger diameter than the hole so they are held in place by either the elasticity of the frame material or by having a small groove or something like that another part sort of locks into. Like on a glock how the slide stop/release sort of sits in the groove of the trigger pin and keeps it from coming out. Or on AR-15 trigger pins how the springs sit in the groove to try and keep them from walking. Still happens sometimes though I guess. I haven't had it happen but I've heard of it.