View Single Post

Old 08-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Liked 17,298 Times in 6,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
It does seem that way here in moonbat Massachusetts. Carl has had some for sale for months now. Same with that other shop down the road (that I've stopped doing business with).
So, when he lists that 4513TSW pre rail, I can just saunter on in?

Quote:
Of course, I have to wonder how much of that is just the fact that you and I aren't buying much these days since our collections are pretty full, already including many duplicates? Sometimes, I think we create our own micro-markets by buying a bit too aggressively.

I think it's also the fact that folks in MA are getting more comfortable with buying from on-line sources as witnessed by the number of shops promoting their low incoming transfer fees.

And let's face it: Asking prices are up. Bargains are rare. Even I would be buying more if prices would moderate... but it hasn't happened yet that I can tell.
It does seem that some shops are getting a bit more comfortable with some hand gun transfers. OTOH, I stopped into a newish shop near me and the owner gave me an "It depends" on whether or not he'd do a 3913 transfer IN state.

I also found out that my niece is working at a new FFL in the general area. I've got to text her to find out when she's working so that I can go out, look at the shop, and meet the owner. I'll feel a bit more comfortable (as he likely will) discussing that.