View Single Post

Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM

Liked 14,508 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default August IHMSA Match in Gainesville, Ga

It was a perfect weather day for August in N Ga and it showed cause we had a full house Saturday. Probably the most shooters I've seen since I started last year. These are just a few of the gang.

We welcomed a new friend invited by sw282 that hasn't seen any range time since he shot an M1 Garand back in the service. He really enjoyed himself & hope to see him back. Here he is shooting sw282's 629-4 8 3/8" Classic.

Jaymoore is giving his hi-rise scoped 629 a break and shot a personal best of 37 with his Thomson Contender in 22 lr.

sw282 graced us with his 240gr cast boolits with an "aromatic" scented lube! He also brought along this 686-4 PowerPort with a newly mounted Burris FF3.

I got lucky with this pic catching him when he pulled the trigger on the 629 Classic. Mmmmmm that smelled good!

I walked away Saturday feeling pretty good about myself. I got my first score of 20 in Field Pistol Any Sight with my newly acquired 629-4 Scope Only Master Hunter. I know that's far from perfect but I'm happy with my progress so far.

Another comical highlight of my day was the souvenir I got to bring home. I blew the number 5 chicken head clean off on my first entry! Shot 'em right in the neck!! I believe Ron, the range master didn't know whether to laugh or scold me but figured that poor chicken had been shot at for 19 years and was probably due to retire. BTW, I brought the chicken head home!!!

Last edited by 75Vette; 04-13-2018 at 09:16 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: