View Single Post

Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
No striker fired trigger will come close.

Uh... Yes they will. I have a TAURUS (you read that right) that shoots insanely accurate but it's a .45. It's a PT-145 so no 5" barrel but that doesn't change how accurate it is. Out to 25 yards it is every bit as accurate as my Sig P220. They make the same line of pistols in a 9mm but there is a recall on all of the line. They sometimes fire when dropped even when the safety is on. I could sell mine back to the company if I wanted but I'll keep it thank you. For one thing I dropped it out of my holster a couple times. I was sitting down but still. And I keep it where it isn't likely to be dropped on anything hard. I no longer carry it for that reason plus I have a higher capacity SA XDm .40 that works really well.

The Taurus will put 11 rounds in a 8" target at 20 yards in 10 seconds. A friend set up 4 .45 casings with 2 at 20 yards and 1 at 25 yards. I hit the 2 at 20 yards both on the first try. I missed the one at 25 yards by about a quarter of an inch. It has a thumb safety too. My Sig shoots great and shoots a longer distance but it would cost about 3X as much to buy one today. And it doesn't have a 5" barrel either. It's 4.5". I actually don't see many 5" 9mm pistols.

It's really hard to go wrong with a CZ though. They make high quality firearms all around and their pistols are no exception. You can buy them at a decent price and they are very accurate. But I don't think I've seen one with a 5" barrel. The CZ 75 SP-01 has a 4.6" barrel. They run a little high for CZ's IMO but you get one heck of a pistol. I guess I still want a CZ 83 for $200 which used to be available everywhere.