View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 03:23 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

My preference after trying all kinds of sight changes is a plain black rear sight with the front sight painted with good enamel model paint. I like the florescent colors, and prefer green or red. I degrease the front sight well and give it a first coat of white paint. When that's good and cured, I add the color. I generally apply the paint over the curve of the top of the sight slightly down the front side and half way down the ramped portion of the sight. These days, with diminishing eye sight, I have opened up the width (not depth!) of my rear black sight blade carefully using a file with a safe square side to the bottom of the notch. Cold blue will darken the shiney metal after doing this. I use the same sight picture as always, centering the front sight in the rear sight notch and with the colored top of the front sight level with the top of the rear sight blade. This works very well for me. Best part is, if for some reason you wish to return that front sight to OEM, all you have to do is remove the paint. And if the paint eventually wears off, it can be easily redone. And it doesn't cost much to get it done this way!