View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Liked 4,295 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisrush View Post
I like having a .22 semi pistol in the stable because, not only is it fun, I think it's a great training tool to help identify and eliminate flinching.

I have a Browning Buckmark and, although it pains me to say it because I have a deep love and loyalty to Browning (and S&W ) - I really dislike the Buckmark. Mine is incredibly picky with ammo.

With the Ruger MK IV being released MK IIIs can be had *really* inexpensively. A LGS has one for something like $240 right now.

Can anyone comment on the MK III takedown issue? People talk about it being a real pain. And what is peoples' experiences with how the MK IIIs do with different ammo?

Thx.

OR
I'll bite. I have 7 MK II/III/IV's so know a bit about this.
The takedown issue (IMHO) is way over blown. To take it down /put it together, you just need to understand where the hammer and strut are/need to be. There are plenty of Utube vids on how to figure that out.
The problem arises: a) when people try to clean the gun once a year without reference , b) don't have a clue where the hammer/strut is in the process, c) all of the above.

The other thing to note is that a Ruger MK II/III/IV should only need to be taken apart every 7500K rounds or so. Between that, just spray her down with some gun scrubber and finish a couple drops of lube to the bolt here and there. Taking the gun apart really doesn't get you to much more than can be cleaned via this method.

Last edited by Wee Hooker; 08-09-2017 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: