View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 12:29 AM

Liked 1,016 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthom View Post
I really like the JOX speedloader style of carrier. They are the most comfortable and easily accessible way for me to actually carry a speedloader on my belt. When I carry one or two, I carry them on my right side in front of my holster since I load them with my right hand while holding the revolver in my left. My cover garment does a good job of hiding them and these loaders produce a far smaller lump on my waist than traditional pouches/carriers. The fellow who makes them was a very knowledgeable and good communicator when I contacted him with questions.

I will say this ... I came to know about these carriers long after I wore uniforms and might have to be rolling around on the ground or in a wrassling match! I don't know how secure the speedloaders can be in these carriers under those circumstances. I did make certain that the maker knew I wore a double thickness gun belt with my jeans and he made certain that the carriers would fit on that thicker belt.

I have no experience with the Simply Rugged carriers. I use the HKS speedloaders cause I have a pile of them and am very familiar with their use. I loaded from a 12 loop loader all the years I carried a revolver because our uniform called specifically for that method for uniform wear. NO exceptions. However, I did carry an HKS loader or two in coat or vest pockets during cool or cold weather, and I carried one or two close at hand in my howl car. They sure beat carrying extra ammo in a box! I also carried strip loaders in my shirt pocket when not wearing a jacket.

Hope this info is of some value. These days I also carry a Shield for EDC, but when I carry a revolver, I also carry a JOX HKS speedloader carrier.
good info. I plan to carry my speed loader in front of next to my holster.