View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 07:27 PM

Liked 310 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtwice View Post
I'm probably preaching to the choir here but I love shooting my 627 after a hundred rounds or maybe more of 9mm in the pistols.

Example .. today I go to the range with a friend and we each bring several different guns to shoot. Me, 627 and my 9mm shield. Him, two different glock 40s, different sizes and one ported, and a Kel-Tec (sp?) 9mm.

Now the shield for me has been a challenge but I have been getting progressively better and last Sunday did some nice groups at 10 yds. So today I wanted to continue with that plus try some other guns.

I still shot okay with the shield like I did Sunday, but not quite as well with his glock 40s, and terrible with the Kel-Tec.

Then, it's time to try some revolver action....so sweet! Of course it's heavier helping to manage recoil vs. those lighter plastic pistols so I expected it to feel better but not only was the feel so much better, but my ability to be accurate was so much better.

I have done some back to back shooting before between the revolver and semi's, but today after doing nothing but the semi's for over a hundred rounds and then straight to the revolver made the difference quite noticeable.

Any of you ever experience this?

I do that all the time. I always alternate between revolvers and semiauto.

I start with the big dog revolvers like the 454 or 500, then to a 9 mm, then to a 357 Magnum.

Shooting in double action is more challenging and it improves my semiauto shooting. Plus, the semiauto feels like a pellet gun, after the larger bore revolvers.

Do you use the moonclips for the 627? I like shooting with speedloaders, instead. I have the 8 shot 5" 627. Great gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro