View Single Post

Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 PM

Liked 1,719 Times in 549 Posts

You have what appears (to me) to be a 1st Model Hand ejector, other wise known as a Triple Lock.

The nickel (not chrome) plating was not done by S&W but by some one else. We know this because S&W never plated the hammer and trigger, they should be color case hardened. Also it appears the shop that did the chroming also got a little heavy handed buffing out what probably was rust or significant wear to the original finish.

Also, I'm pretty sure that barrel has been cut down and that is not the original sight. If it is the original it has been modified. This is evident because the sight is located further back from the muzzle than would be normal.

I don't have my 4th Edition S&W book handy so I can't help with the year it was shipped but that a pretty low serial number so yo have an early one.

All in all, not a collector piece but certainly a shooter (with contemporary 44 Special ammo) and no doubt a treasured family heirloom.

Oh, and the number 626 on the yoke is just an assembly number, not a model number.

Dave

PS: Alan answered while I was typing. Oops!

Last edited by Dave T; 08-10-2017 at 09:51 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: