View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 AM

Liked 369 Times in 132 Posts

I recently picked up a 617 and took it out for the first time last Sunday. And, I struggled with moving the barrel at the end of the DA trigger pull...usually tipping the barrel up and to the left. I didn't adjust the sights at all. I just worked on my grip and trigger control and I improved but I still have much room for improvement. I would still likely be 4-6 inches high/left at 15 yards shooting without a rest. The problem is me, not the 617. I'll work on sight adjustment once I get consistent groups.

I say all this to encourage you to do everything you can to eliminate yourself as the problem before sending it back or changing the sights. Shoot from a rest, have someone else shoot it, etc. Also, dry firing using yellow wall anchors as snap caps can help. Pull the trigger the same way you'd do at the range, just focus on that front sight to see how much it is moving. It doesn't have to move much for it to be off at 15 yards. Maybe you're popping up the barrel a bit. Fiddle with your grip and trigger finger placement until the barrel doesn't move (or hardly moves) all the way through the trigger pull. You can put a dab of whiteout on the front sight to make it easier to see any sight movements. Then, hit the range and see how you do.

Of course, please disregard my suggestions if you've already gone through the process of eliminating the human element.

Have fun and be safe!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: