View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 11:53 AM

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacrichter View Post
Mine had every problem that you have ever read about. I sent it back to S&W and when they returned it I traded it on a Sig. Best move I ever made on the small 380s. Glad I did and never looked back. My P238 would shoot rocks if you could load them.
I've been looking at the P238. People complain that they're too much, but I have no problem paying that amount for a carry gun. I've never understood how someone could spend 2k on a custom over-under shotgun, but refuse to spend less than half of that on a carry gun that your life may one day depend upon.
At the end of the day, I have 5 guns that are designated as defense weapons, and I trust all of them with my life.

-My home defense guns are a plane Jane old cop style Remington 870 in the closet, and a CZ-P01 in the night stand. Both guns are as reliable as it gets.......100%

-My woods/camping gun is a S&W model 66 .357 mag. It's accurate, flawlessly reliable, and with a 6" barrel pushing 200 grain cast loads, it will stop any four legged creature in my part of the country.

-My daily carry is once again a $200 Kel-tec p3at with a crimson trace. It's ugly, but it goes bang every time and it carries easier than a wallet. The bodyguard has been retired.

-My SHTF gun is a century arms American made AK47. it's been perfect through a couple thousand rounds of garbage ammo.

The only gun on that list I wish to replace is the Kel-tec. While it's reliable, I just can't be satisfied with it, as it looks and feels like it was built by 10 year olds in Taiwan. That's why I picked up the bodyguard in the first place. Well, the BG is going byby, so these are what I'm considering to replace the Kel-tec.

S&W model 642
Sig P238
Colt Mustang
Kahr CW380

Thoughts, opinions, and experiences with these guns would be appreciated (Particularly in regards to how they pocket carry).
The Following User Likes This Post: