Thread: New Colt Cobra
View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Liked 6,212 Times in 1,575 Posts
Default New Colt Cobra

You are all so right on so many points, but I got not just one but two of them anyway. When is Colt ever going to produce another DA revolver? It took them over two decades to return to the DA revolver space, and I think from how they manage themselves that they won't stay in this space for much longer. Since I never was in a position to ever buy a Colt DA in any configuration in my younger days and everyone that I have had before this Cobra was purchased used, I wanted to experience what it would be like to be the original owner of a DA Colt. And I must say I really enjoyed opening those cases and being the first person to ever own them. I know the gun is not perfect but I have other more perfect guns for carry and caliber, that is what my SWs are for. So I acquired them for the experience and nostalgia more than anything else, and at this stage in my life I can do so.....but I agree if I were designing this gun I would make it so much better.....I would have better grips, I would offer it in bright stainless and blue and I would have a .357 version.

Last edited by moralem; 08-11-2017 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: