View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 03:03 PM

Liked 2,656 Times in 611 Posts

Thanks. I'd hate to see this shop go under as I've done business with them since getting out of the Navy in '91. Unfortunately, they're the stereotypical gun shop: a hole in the wall down in the "hood", with their share of goons behind the counter. The range isn't air conditioned and hasn't had any upgrades in the last twenty years. They were able to keep going because of little competition in the area. Now that a couple of other ranges have opened up with much nicer facilities, and employees, they're hurting pretty badly. I did talk the owner down $150 from his initial asking price because of all this. I felt a little guilty about it given the situation, but I have to maximize my shekels too. I was truly surprised it sat in there as long as it did. An 8 3/8" S&W M29 from the owners safe flew right off the shelf. (Thankfully it wasn't a four inch as that would have been a difficult choice.) Now, if I could find the scratch for that pre-ban H&K 93 he just put on the wall...........

First group fired, twenty five yards, off hand, single handed stance. With an unfamiliar gun before any sight adjustment, I'll take it. We'll do better next time.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: