View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion520AZ View Post
I realize "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", as well as "it's not polite to stare"....and drool in this case, but I can't stop looking at her. She's......beautiful.

Standard Manufacturing 1911
It's an interesting looking pistol, that's for sure.

I looked at their website. I think I'd probably prefer the blued/"engraved" model, although the case hardened one looks good, too.

The engraving looks to be cut with a CAM, but it's hard to tell in the video or on their website. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, by the way.

Traditionalist that I am, I'd be interested in one without the ring hammer and the big beavertail and attenuated grip safety. I'm no target/competition shooter, either, so G.I. style sights would suit me just fine.

I do like the flat checkered MSH and checkered front strap. I like the solid trigger, too, but would prefer the face to be checkered.

If I had one, it'd have different grips...probably mammoth ivory or pre-72 walrus ivory.

And in the specs, I can't find anything about its firing system...is it a Series 70 type or a Series 80, I wonder.

For a gun with its features, it isn't over priced in my opinion. And it isn't over-fancied-up like some Kimber models, either.

The pistol might be worthy of a second or third look, and might be a pleasant alternative to the mega-espensive Wilson Combats and others of that ilk.

Last edited by Watchdog; 08-11-2017 at 06:50 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: