View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Liked 14,508 Times in 3,114 Posts
Thumbs up 629-6 PC 44 Magnum Hunter PLUS

I must be livin' right. I spotted this jewel on GB a coupla weeks ago hiding amongst the usual 629 PC offerings. I had been eyeing it's cousin, a SS finish two tone Hunter PLUS but the seller apparently wants a small fortune for it. I was aware that the SS finish gun existed and hard to find but wasn't willing to come off the hip for that one. I'd never seen or heard of this version of that gun in the black & SS two tone before. Google was no help. I'm thinking..must be fairly rare. Hmmmm. I waited til the last 20 minutes on the auction, threw the minimum bid on it, no other takers, so now it's in my safe!! The gun was spotless (obviously fired, no biggie), came with the original aluminum PC case, papers & fired case & a Burris 2x handgun scope.
I mounted the scope & headed to the range with 200 rds to see how it performed. I wasn't real happy with this particular scope & was getting decent groups but nothing to write home about. I contacted Phillip to score a Raptor mount & put a Burris FF3 red dot on it. I've had good luck with this set up in the past (see Competitive Shooting section) so I'll give this a test drive in the morning.
If anyone out there knows anything about this particular gun, I'd sure like to hear from ya. I'm thinking it may be an RSR Dist gun but that's just a shot in the dark.
Thanks for letting me show off. I hope y'all enjoy.
Tin Knocker

Last edited by 75Vette; 04-13-2018 at 09:11 AM.
The Following 20 Users Like Post: