View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Liked 9,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Those are made by Connecticut Shotgun Mfg Co (CSMCo), better known around the gun world for their AH Fox and Win21 SxS's plus plenty of other high grade O/U shotguns, SxS double rifles, ect.
Standard Mfg is just a side name to the CSMC company and under that they mfg the more 'modern' style firearms like a double bbl pump , the 1911, a 2/3scale(?) .22rf Thompson, a 6-shot volley fire DA pistol (fires 2 shots w/each pull of the trigger),,but yet make a very nice Colt SAA also.
MAny long time Colt employees were hired over when they were let go by Colt recently and now work at CSMC.
I saw his SAAs at a show in PA early on the summer and was very impressed. Old style lock up, As nice a fit, polish, finish as the USFA Mfg Co SAA's.
There were several of the 1911's there also but I admit I didn't look at them as i am a Colt mfg 1911 person.

Added,,The engraving on the off the shelf editions offered for sale is laser cut, not hand engraved. But it is a nice job IMO. Laser cut has come a long way in a short time,
I used to engrave for CSMC starting back in 91 when he intro'd the AH Fox. Then added the Win 21 and O/U's ect as he went along. They were all hand cut at the time. He keeps several engravers busy,
He started to use some laser cut patterns on some editions starting around 2005 or so.

Last edited by 2152hq; 08-11-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added
The Following 2 Users Like Post: