View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
So you checked the B-C gap & it's end shake & they're okay too? These & alignment are what I'd look at first.

My 29-2's FC is rough & has a shallow angle but it's never been a problem & hadn't heard of that as being a common problem on them.

How does your FC look?

I'd check the FC's minimum diameter first using a new .429" JHP bullet first. See if the bullet's base easily enters the FC.

Next I'd check it's maximum diameter with a sized 44 Mag case, ~.448", to see if it just enters the FC opening.

If the FC looks rough, shallow cut & bends in aburpty you could have the FC re-cut & lapped to see if that helps, if everything else checks out okay.

Thanks, Bluedot. Took me a while to dig out my feeler gauges, and acquire an unfired JHP. Bullet and case check were ok. FC actually looks exactly like the other one. Endshake is miniscule, exactly like the other 29-2. Cylinder gap exactly the same on both at ~.009. Charge holes all check out and line up OK. Might just chalk this up to the reloads someone else mentioned. Will start shooting factory loads exclusively and see if it recurs.