View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
That's probably a good price on one of the parked guns. The older ones with blued/ black anodized finish are pretty pricey. I have two of them, both with the factory hammer shroud. The newer one, from 1975, I carry on a regular basis. Wouldn't sell either for $400, cosmetic challenges and all.
The price isn't too bad for the Agent in question, as long as the condition is relatively high. At least in my opinion.

With internet and nationwide access to sources, some still fail to realize there exists a wide price difference depending on your location. Just because online auction sites have high prices doesn't mean everywhere is like that.

For instance, the Agent is priced at $399. It is from the strike years with park finish. I would probably pass on it for that price. Maybe if $300 or $350.

The reason is because similar pop up cheaper in my locale from private sellers. The last couple months I have seen at least 4 Cobras for under $500. Most were $400-$450 and in good condition. The most recent was a shrouded ejector rod version for $450.

I would personally buy an older for an extra $50 versus this version, but not everyone has the same opportunities. So the OP needs to decide for himself. The price isn't too out of line though, and for someone who isn't as picky & cheap as me will probably find it a decent deal.

Just don't run thousands of tens of thousands of rounds through it. These alloy versions weren't even made for continual use of standard ammo. Don't know if anybody ever tested how many it takes to wear one into repair, but I wouldn't personally risk running tons of rounds through my '61 Cobra.

Last edited by iPac; 08-12-2017 at 11:10 AM.