View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Fatboy View Post
Yeah, this is not high on my want list. But it's also something you don't have an opportunity to import here in CA. I just like most things S&W. I have never been a big 1911 fan but that may change tomorrow. I think that is why I posted up the question to get a feel from the fine folks here. If I could get in the $800 range I would have snatched it up already, but the current price is not giving me motivation.
Stupid me, I didn't notice that you are in CA. That puts a whole different light on it. Your moonbat state is even worse than my moonbat state and suddenly maybe the value of the gun in CA and the asking price aren't so marginal or unattractive after all. In fact, that could be a "deal" in your state for all I know.

It's very rare that I go for a gun that isn't on an least one of my Want Lists... ... but it does happen.

I agree that $800 sounds a whole lot sweeter than $900-$950. And I say that not really knowing very much about the differences between the various S&W 1911 offerings (my 1911's are two Colts and my new RI 1911A2). I know the S&W 1911's don't come cheap, but I have never studied out which one I would choose to buy if it ever came to that.

So good luck. Tough decision ahead. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
The Following User Likes This Post: