Thread: Hi Skor 700X
View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 06:40 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts
Default Hi Skor 700X

Back in the Great Powder Shortage gone by, I had bought a 14 ounce bottle of this powder and I had only used it to load 100-200 380 Auto rounds, which I load on my old single stage press.

I decided to try loading some lower velocity lead loads for my 44 Mag yesterday and start using this powder up. I load 44 Mag on my old Dillon 450 press and I resize/deprime separately and prime the cases using my RCBS bench priming system for all my pistol rounds. So anyways, I start loading and setting the Dillon powder measure while loading and found out a couple things about this powder. First, it gives a pretty good case fill, with the 8.9 grains I was loading filling the 44 mag case at least halfway up. And second, my Dillon powder measure absolutely hates this powder and it meters it like doo doo. I ended up checking every powder throw last night while loading 100 rounds to make sure none were way under or over weight. The Dillon measure would throw 3-4 pretty close to the proper weight, then throw one 4-5 tenths light and every once in a while it would throw them heavy too.

I have another 100 I am planning to load with the same load this evening. I might put my adapter on and try my old Lyman 55 measure to see if it throws the 700X any better.

How about y'all? Do you find that 700X meters poorly?