View Single Post

Old 08-12-2017, 10:38 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
And a parallel revelation: it's very likely that the average person's holster never saw a real pistol, even in the design stage. A review of sites and forums shows that at least all the small makers rely entirely on 'blue guns' from design through production ("just got a 'banana' for the new Smith, now I can take orders"). That means they aren't ever confronted with moving controls like buttons and triggers, and slides that can move out of battery, for example. Or triggers that move enough to fire the pistol if something gets into the guard even after the pistol is holstered.

Attachment 297718
I think I'm a bit slow. If I'm following your train of thought correctly you're saying three things.

1) The current trigger protection on holsters is inadequate for modern pistol design, but it's difficult to tell by lookimg at it.

2) lots of holster makers are building holsters using blue guns without testimg them with real pistols.

3) You believe this puts comcealed carry people at risk, paticularily if their holstered pistol is pointed at vulnerable body parts.

Is that close to your point? Could you post some additional comparison pics to help us understand good trigger design from a bad one.