View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
I see I was being too circumspect :-). Yet all in all, I appreciate that the responses so far are reasonable.

The holsters in question: Kydex Safariland holsters, which are moulded in such a way that the trigger can still be accessed, by either a BG (the Victorian situation) or a random object (the US story). So: the trigger is "covered" in name only. Sorry, I thought that was obvious from the stories.

Why would I bother to post? Because literally no one else has been paying attention on 'your' (holster wearers) behalf, that today's pistols have actually CREATED a danger when the trigger is covered
Oh no. I get exactly what you're saying. I just think you're wrong.

The trigger of a striker-fired pistol needs to be covered. This is a necessity. The pistol has a firing pin block which can only be deactivated by depressing the trigger, so controlling the trigger is key. This is, in many respects, quite similar to the 1911 and thumb-strap holsters, in that the strap's interference between hammer and firing pin is the critical safety design (not the manual safety). The difference is that the "firing pin block" on the Glock is internal, whereas on the 1911, it's part of the holster.

Lacking a manual safety does not make them any less safe than any other design.

You've written a long-winded post about a "problem", but you seem to think it's some new one, when it's not.

There have always been cheap, miserably-poor holsters.

Writing about this over and over again, and telling me about some twit in Australia that bought 18,000 poorly-made holsters that I wouldn't have spent two bucks of my own money on, makes me feel as if you think I'm a twit.

TL;DR--I don't need a PSA to tell me how to buy a holster. I think the slower kids over on ARforum or Glocktalk would benefit from it more.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: