View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 10:12 AM

Liked 369 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Crittenden View Post
It's funny no one makes an optics base for J-frames. At best you gotta whittle down a base sized for the rear sight channel of a K/L/N frame. Time and frustration, or cost you money if you pay a gunsmith to do it.

When you think of all the kit type guns that might benefit from a good scope base. Longer barrel guns appropriate for plinking and hunting small game. Like the 4-inch Model 34/63's (there's a million of them) and the 3 and 5-inch Model 60's.

Guys like me with not so great eyesight might buy a few and put some dot sights on those handy little guns. Sounds like the OP sure likes his.
UPDATE: A kind fellow has offered to help with the mount design.

I would be interested in adding an adjustable rear sight model J-frame mount to my mount offerings (Raptor Engineering). Problem is I do not have an example revolver to make measurements from and to do the prototype fittings. I would love to have a 317 to keep my 617 company but current funds are otherwise spoken for -- kid #2 transferring from local JC to out of state 4-year college in Jan!

If someone with an adjustable rear sight J-frame model would like to work with me to get the design done they would get a free mount. I have done this with others for the Freedom Arms and Buck Mark mounts I offer and it worked out well for each of us.

Last edited by revolver_ph; 08-13-2017 at 11:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: