View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 11:55 AM

Liked 135 Times in 60 Posts

If sealed my FFL waits until I get there to inspect it with me. That's what he said he did with my Sig that came with the zip tie on it. But my other two firearms were not sealed in any way prior to him receiving them. He told me it's more common to see any seal left on from the manufacturer when it's coming from high volume retailers. He said your smaller inventory shops will almost always open it up and verify contents and serial number. He didn't get into any detail as far as it being a requirement for anything. I wonder if they have a certain amount of time to verify contents and serial numbers for any issues before they are just **** out of luck? Either way my 229 was sealed and had the zip tie with a manufacturing date of Nov 2016. So it sat sealed for a while. My Legion I got very at a small local shop and it was an SAO 9mm and they only received one so they admitted they opened it up to check it out. But they only had it 3 days before I called to inquire about one and I went up and bought it that day. My P320 was also purchased online from a large retailer and was not sealed. So who knows what protocol actually is. I just know it was comforting for me seeing my 229 was sealed. None of my S&W's were ever purchased sealed that I remember and I have had quite a few over the years but most of those we're all purchased locally except one which was the other I picked up at my FFL from a large retailer with no seal.

Last edited by rperillo05; 08-13-2017 at 11:59 AM.