View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

Taylor,
Ask yourself, "Do I really want this gun or one like it?" If you really would like to own it (and I can't imagine why you would not like to own it?), then the question becomes this, "If I don't buy this one and am willing to wait for another, especially one in this kind of very good to excellent condition, will I regret not getting this one while I have the opportunity if I don't find another any time soon?"

If I had to bet, I'd bet you won't likely find another like this one anytime soon, especially that you can personally inspect before the purchase. As you say yourself, they ain't makin' any more of these. Any any that you see these days in what appears to be excellent condition are generally priced that much or more! I would definitely start with the dealer with five hundred dollar bills and see if you can move him at all. But if you just flat can't move him, don't expect the gun to last very long in his display case. If you can live with someone else buying it for his price, no problem. But if you can manage the cost at this point and want it, I say get it. These kinds of opportunities just don't come along very often these days. And good model 27's in dealer stores are even more scarce in my experience. It's up to you, man. I wish you good luck whatever your decision. Every last one of us has regrets about such things as this, and most of us understand about spending that much money for something that is not a necessity. My thinking is that the gun is going to hold it's value pretty well. You'll survive either way!