View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 04:21 PM

Liked 993 Times in 378 Posts

Quote:
He was either having a really bad day or he is not much of a gun guy.
Don't be too surprised. Folks from that part of the country aren't nearly as acclimated to handguns as compared to Pensacola or just about anywhere else besides California. Ya need a permit just to own a handgun. I'm sure it's even harder now. I grew up in western Massachusetts not very far from S&W. I can assure you the gun culture and more specifically the handgun culture is vastly different than in Pensacola. BTW I've lived in Pensacola. In fact, I bought my very first new handgun in Pensacola.

I would venture an educated guess that the only time many of the folks living in that part of the country have even seen a handgun was on the hip of a LEO or on TV or movies. This is the hiring pool that S&W has to choose from. It's much the same for Colt, just 35 miles away. Although in another state, the attitude and laws are similar. I find it ironic that so many firearms companies are centered in states that are so hostile to firearms. Kinda like biting the hand that feeds ya!

Now before you folks from that part of the country get all up in arms about my statements above please realize that I've lived it and seen it. I mean no disrespect. I just find it odd that the first real battles of the American Revolution at Lexington & Concord were battles of gun control. The redcoats were after arms held in reserve and more importantly the powder needed for the militias arms.