View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
Oh, I'm not wrong. Nor am I saying that the trigger shouldn't be covered :-). And my post is not directed at the sophisticated user.

But then if you think I'm wrong, but in this case I'M the sophisticated user (50 years of professionally dealing with the rights and wrongs of holsters), then the PSA went to the right place: you personally, and heaps of others, didn't and still don't grasp the risk you're taking. The Glock action is a different risk from the 1911 in condition one.
I actually don't think you're the "sophisticated user" here. I think you're uncomfortable with striker-fired pistols unequipped with a manual safety. I think that the fact that I don't agree with you makes you feel insecure, because by this point, most people either agree with you or stop engaging with you.

I think that that is why you are resorting to an argument by authority.

I think that it's humorous that you do this without knowing precisely who I am. And I think that asserting that I am somehow in danger without knowing what holster I use, how I checked it for safety, what gun I carry, and what technique I use to "dress" with it is very funny.

I also think that you're normally a good poster, but you're a bit off-base on this one. That's fine--I never agree 100% with everyone.

But by all means, please--what is this risk that I am taking?
The Following 3 Users Like Post: