View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 01:28 AM

Liked 106 Times in 32 Posts

The Omega trigger system is simpler and cheaper to produce from the manufacturers stand point. Out of the box the trigger pull weights are a little lighter than a 75B model. More so the SA often being a pound or more lighter than a new 75B model. Both will break in nicely after dry fire/rounds, but the 75B will end up better. I own two Omega CZ'S (P-07 and P-09) and numerous 75 models (2 Pre-B's, Sp-01, P-01, and Rami). My P-01 was a Israeli surplus gun and it had a very smooth 7.6 pound DA and a 3.5 pound SA. My stock P-09 or 07 after a lot of dry firing and about 500 rounds the DA was 8.5-9 pounds. The SA was decent at about 4 pounds. But, the one horrible part of the Omega system to me is the mile of pre travel take up in SA and the long SA reset distance. Both my 09/07 now have CGW parts and it's better, but no where near my 75B models. If upgrades were in the future for either than it is no contest as the trigger in a upgraded 75B is much better than an upgraded Omega.

If you want the best trigger in a CZ buy one of the surplus pistols. They will be nicely broken in with some to a lot of finish wear. Maybe replace a few springs and it should be ready to rock. If you want the absolute best get a Pre-B. But, there are some downsides to the Pre-B's as well. Most can only take the more expensive Pre-B magazines, can't replace the front sight, and there is a spring and detent hiding in the safety that isn't fun to deal with, and is worse if you loose it. The absolutely best models of the surplus guns are the transitional Pre-B that were made around the '94-'96 time frame. They have the updated cosmetics of the 75B's, can accept cheap Mec-Gar 75B mags and do not have a firing pin block for the best trigger.

Last edited by bigmatt17073; 08-14-2017 at 01:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: