View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

My 870 started life as an Express. I changed out the few parts that are different from the Police model (a police armorer told what parts to replace) which cost about $35. The finish is the other issue with the Express but if you treat it right it will never rust. It is made to use oil as a preservative and the finish will soak it up like a sponge and keep it there as long as nothing happens to scrape it off. I must have added 50 coats of oil to mine when I first got it many years ago. It doesn't have a speck of rust on it now. I used it as my primary HD weapon for years. I've also used it to trim trees (works better than you're thinking right now - I had to clear a limb to get a clear view of a satellite - the 870 had the limb gone in about 3 rounds) and to knock the top out of dead trees around the yard (slugs will bring down the dead parts so they don't fall on your head when you don't expect it). Heck I even used to play a game I called shotgun golf where I saw how many rounds it took me to knock an old boot over the hill to a spot. It was way more fun than regular golf.

I keep it handy and loaded with bear slugs when I cook on my grill since the local bears really want to take my dinner from me. A good shotgun is a versatile piece of equipment especially with multiple barrels and chokes and various kinds of shells. There are many types of shotgun shells that go beyond the normal kind. You can use it as a flare gun for example. Or a flame thrower if you feel like it.

Exotic Shotgun Ammo
The Following 2 Users Like Post: