View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 PM

Liked 1,309 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
It's only a issue for those who chronically drop their guns. Don't like Sigs, it is simple don't buy one. The crying is silly, one there has been very few instances(one) of sigs going boom when dropped. Much less than instances of Glocks going kaboom. Two it is really not up to others what a person buys or carries, so it is pretty much a waste of time. Someone who likes their Sig is going to ignore you. When it comes to safety there are more problems with drawstrings pulling triggers than drop issues.

My concern is people who should not own a striker fired gun without a manual safety are the ones who want them the most. If they shoot themselves I just don't care. But when they shoot others while breaking down their Glock, then that is a problem.

Glocks are marketed to newbie gun owners, Sigs are marketed to gun aficionados. Glocks are just as dangerous as Sigs, different ways but there have been more Glock instances than Sig.

If I buy a Edsel, and love them, then all the whining in the world about how bad they are does not matter. You do know that there are actual collectors of Edsels out there?

I personally do not own a Sig, but BS is BS, and this issue IS BS. Do you own a Sig?
If I may, the problem with your suggestion that if people don't like Sig P320s, presumably because they have gone off when dropped, then they shouldn't buy them is that somebody else may be hit with the bullet. You may want to take your chances but I don't have a choice who I stand next to at the range.

I know you'll say the odds of getting hurt are a million to one -- but that doesn't stop people from buying lottery tickets. Somebody always beats the odds.

Cordially, Ashlander
The Following User Likes This Post: