View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM

Liked 4,269 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
If I may, the problem with your suggestion that if people don't like Sig P320s, presumably because they have gone off when dropped, then they shouldn't buy them is that somebody else may be hit with the bullet. You may want to take your chances but I don't have a choice who I stand next to at the range.

I know you'll say the odds of getting hurt are a million to one -- but that doesn't stop people from buying lottery tickets. Somebody always beats the odds.

Cordially, Ashlander
I agree 100 percent here.

When I'm in the grocery store with my kid and my wife as the backstop of everyone else carrying a pistol, I DO CARE if the guy standing next to me is carrying a pistol that, should it fall to the floor, will go off and kill my kid.

This has nothing to do with wanting to outlaw certain pistols. There is a large set of things that are immoral yet they should remain legal; cheating on one's spouse, lying to your mother, and carrying a pistol that you know will fire should it fall to the floor---all things that a lousy human being does, but we don't want the state to outlaw it. It's about basic human decency, and having a bare minimal concern for other people that merely reaches the threshold of not accidentally shooting me or my kid in a public place if you drop your pistol.

And for everyone who says "I don't care because I never drop my gun"----My reply is: "have you ever tripped and fallen in your life? Or, have you ever been in a fight and got wrestled to the ground?" The "I'll never drop my gun" response is as about as fatuous as saying "I'll never get into an auto accident so I'll never wear my seatbelt or carry auto insurance".

SIG has a big problem on their hands. Thus far, they are not handling it well.

Last edited by American1776; 08-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: