View Single Post

Old 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,467 Times in 10,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
You must not be in favor of national reciprocity, then. The only way we're ever going to have it is through legislation passed by both houses of Congress and signed into law by whoever is president...because as it is now, we can't even get all fifty states to agree on just state-to-state reciprocity.
Not true. Although unlikely a Supreme Court decision would do it and do it better than congress, because a bill passed through congress and senate then signed into law by the President would still be subject to reviews by the Federal courts.

I don't think anyone here is against national reciprocation. I think a lot of us are against the fact that any such bill would effect how states could issue permits and try to make them uniform. Anyone who thinks that states like CA, IL, NY, NJ are going to somehow allow me with my easy to obtain, must issue concealed WEAPON (yes it my state it is a weapon permit) just waltz into their state with anything Montana will let me carry is dreaming. No way the bill will be simple and not allow any restrictions by the anti states. If any such law was pasted it wouldn't be one or 2 pages of simple language. Hardly. Then after passing every letter on every page would get tortured in many of the Federal court districts as every little part of it slowly made its way to the Supreme court and anyone's guess as to a decisions by them. Federal laws always come with federal CONTROLS. Montana is doing just fine with our system. Don't need any federal input. By the way anyone with a permit from any other state is welcome to carry here. No permit? No problem to open carry or carry in your car here. Some of the rest of the states might be messed up we are not.

If you haven't noticed once the feds get their hands on something it never remains simple and always gets more restrictive (for your own good of course)

The Federal law is already simple and to the point. The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Hows that working out for us. How is a permit not an infringement. How is one state saying I can not carry a gun there not an infringement.

Sorry, but I am VERY cynical about congress magically fixing something they screwed up. Be an interesting first though.

Last edited by steelslaver; 08-15-2017 at 09:05 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: