View Single Post

Old 08-15-2017, 10:38 PM

Liked 114 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCW Ray View Post
Could have been a bit of junk inside the mag tube that prevented the follower from moving freely. I'd pull it a part and make sure it's clean and there's not some plastic flashing left on the follower or a nick inside the tube.
Ah-HA!

I took the offending mag apart and lo and behold, in the middle of the front face of the follower was a smashed, kind of bent over sprue (I believe that's the word for it) of plastic sticking out. There's also a corresponding mark in the paint or coating along the inside front of the magazine body.

I can only think that this sprue was dragging on or tilting the follower for the first few rounds and then it broke over or wore down enough to free up the follower to start working properly. I sanded it flat with some sandpaper and now moves smoothly.

Finding a possible cause is a relief as I was debating whether to carry a 10 rounder as my extra mag or the 15 rounder and I'd probably have had to buy another one if this one just mysteriously stopped working intermittently.

I'm going to take my other mags apart to check them.

Last edited by Cheapskait; 08-15-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Ambiguous wording
The Following User Likes This Post: