Thread: Colt saa gen 3
View Single Post

Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,095 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell627 View Post
Fellow S&W fans I am embarrassed.Went back to gun store today and looked at gun again.It was a colt cowboy.When I pointed that out to gunstore owner he said he new it all the time.The tag said colt saa my receipt said colt saa.After some discussion I got most but not all my down payment back.At 62 I am still having learning experiences.I would like to thank everyone one so kindly responded to me on this post.
I had a pair of Colt Cowboys and wasn't the least bit impressed with them. The fit and finish wasn't up to par with any of my Colt SAAs or USFAs. I thought I would use them for CAS but I ended up selling them and using a pair of USFAs instead. I believe you did the right thing by backing out of the deal. You'll just have to keep looking and I'm sure you will be able to find a decent example that you'll be able to enjoy. By the way, I shoot all of my SAAs and they're probably my favorite type of revolver to shoot. Something about that old plowhandle that just feels right in my hand.
The Following User Likes This Post: