View Single Post

Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 AM

Liked 9,320 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjohnsofd View Post
Your friend is a lucky guy. Nice stuff came out of that Union, New Jersey shop. Word is that Austin came up with the idea for the "Bobcat" cut down Colt Government Model and Browning Hi-Power. His Python action job was unbelievable. He has been gone for more that 20 years and I have lost touch with his son, Frank.
He was a friend of a friend while he was in NJ, but I didn't meet him in person until he moved to PA (Pipersville??). He was a dealer for High Standard at one time, so I was able to find a few old parts from him nobody else seemed to have.

When he showed me his Model 41 conversion, I got the impression it was in the final stages of development and about ready to release for sale. I met his son at the same time and got the impression he was more into testing and competing than the actual gunmithing. Didn't Austin also have a son in law who did gunsmithing for/with him? Does anyone here know whether there is anything left of that old company? He had so many neat products and services, I hope somebody picked them up.

Froggie
The Following User Likes This Post: