View Single Post

Old 08-18-2017, 07:05 AM

Liked 28,133 Times in 8,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
And a parallel revelation: it's very likely that the average person's holster never saw a real pistol, even in the design stage. A review of sites and forums shows that at least all the small makers rely entirely on 'blue guns' from design through production ("just got a 'banana' for the new Smith, now I can take orders"). That means they aren't ever confronted with moving controls like buttons and triggers, and slides that can move out of battery, for example. Or triggers that move enough to fire the pistol if something gets into the guard even after the pistol is holstered.

Attachment 297718
Well, all I know is that when this company first began, it was headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, just up the road from me.

Eagle Industries - Home

The founder, John Carver, had a walk in safe in his office as big as my living room. Climate controlled, fire suppressed, steel reinforced concrete, bank vault door. One each of every firearm he made a holster or gun bag for, from J Frame Smith & Wesson to Class III Heckler & Koch. All of his his holsters and bags saw a real firearm.

He wasn't a big manufacturer at the time, he was just trying to get a foot in the door, but he believed in quality and performance, so he used real guns. And then Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and every bolt of ballistic nylon in John's small sheet metal building turned sand colored. He made a fortune.

Sadly, he made the business attractive enough that it was bought by a parent company. Selection and quality immediately dove. John walked away quite well compensated . . .

Last edited by Muss Muggins; 08-18-2017 at 07:09 AM.