View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 10:45 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyBruce View Post
Did you catch the "he was livid" line?

This customer was a LEO in the process of switching jobs. He could not carry a Sig P320, nor a .357 Sig. He stated he needed a different gun. That shop was not a Glock Blue Line dealer so all Glocks are retail price. He did not have $550.00+ to lay out for a new handgun.

I paid $323.00 and $300.00 each for my used Sig P250sc pistols. The .40 S&W had night sights and a total of five mags. I would be buying a pistol deemed unsafe to carry and use, expecting to be without it for well over a week at some point. I am sure Sig will make the necessary changes to every P320 out there. When? How quickly will your gun be returned to you?

I was taking a risk and offering to do him a favor...he didn't see it that way.
The P250 sold for $325-$375 NIB before being discontinued so you got a decent deal on your used ones when you factor in the mags.

Sig has stated that it will be 4-6 weeks to fix the pistols. For me it is a non-issue because it not a primary gun in any way for me. It will get fixed eventually until then I won't be shooting it. I will have to stick with the P220 or the 1911s if I want to shoot 45 ACP.

I understand that you believe you were "helping" the guy out but if you were really helping him out you should have directed him the the local "blue" Glock dealer told him to finance it another way. if a NIB Glock is $550 in your area pointing him towards any number of online dealers would have been a better option IMHO. You can still get Gen 3 Glock 17s and 19s OTD for $450-$75 depending on what you pay for transfers. Some online dealers even offer credit. Even a credit card with 18% interest would be a better deal for the seller than the $200 cash you were offering him.

IMHO but I can see where you thought buying his $500 pistol for $200 was helping him out. I would have bought it for $200 if it was 9mm, have no use for .357 Sig, but would be realistic that I was really helping myself more than the guy selling the P320.

Last edited by WVSig; 08-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.