View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 11:19 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
Ok, a challenge.

I will personally endorse, in writing, each and every holster maker who looks at the pic I've attached, and after comparing it with Bruce's picture (he wrote the article that appeared in, and called his method 'forward of hip carry'), agrees that it is a DIFFERENT/GREATER risk for you than Bruce's (see notes after):

Attachment 298615
No, I would not agree that this is any better or worse than the picture you posted of Bruce. The tiny difference is insignificant. Both are in front of the appendix and both cover the leg with the muzzle. But I am curious, why do you think one is worse than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
IF he/she also makes no holsters either expressly for appendix carry, or that can be carried there.
This is an impossibility. Any holster made to be carried on the belt can be carried in the appendix position. They may be wrong for that position, but can be carried there.

I agree, appendix carry is dangerous and no one should carry there. I wouldn't even carry there in competition. I will state this to anyone who wants to talk about it. It is a risk that is undertaken by the carrier.

Also, I agree with Muss, where appendix carry is hazardous to the carrier, horizontal shoulder holsters are equally dangerous to the public at large. How can you endorse one while vilifying the other? In fact, I would say that horizontal shoulder carry is the more egregious offense. Appendix carry shows disregard for self while horizontal shoulder carry shows disregard for others.