Thread: New Model 915
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 04:39 PM

Liked 204 Times in 63 Posts

Hey guys, sorry for the slow reply! I tried to respond to your questions once before, but it looks like my posts have to be moderator approved since I'm new. Sorry about that, but thanks again for all your input! To answer TNZ71's question, yes, it is a CDI listing. What they consider grade "B", couldn't find a grade "A" or I would've jumped on it. Anyway, it's here and here are my impressions and pictures.

To be honest, when I first opened the box, I was disappointed...not in the gun but in the condition. Not what I would have considered B grade. Very dirty, dinged up, and the slide release was rusty. And when I say dirty...I mean filthy, like someone had shot 1,000 rounds of the dirtiest ammo they could find and just left it. I wish I'd taken some before shots, it was pretty sad looking.

However, after a little time in my "ICU" she's looking a lot better. Mirror shiny barrel bore and feed ramp with strong rifling, all the components are clean and in good condition if showing a little wear from use (slide rub, etc). Even the slide release cleaned up, fortunately it was just surface rust and it looks much better now.

So now we're just left with a bit of outside wear from holster use...after a lot of intensive therapy, I'd be comfortable calling it a grade "B".

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but my impressions are good. Size is good, feel is good, weight isn't as bad as many would say. My model 13-3 is a CHUNK by comparison. I think where this gun really shines though is the trigger. You third gen veterans already know what I'm talking about, but this is the most phenomenal DA/SA trigger I've ever felt. Like it's made by a Swiss watchmaker. I'm really excited to take it out on the range.

I got another magazine for it, a Gould and Goodrich leather OWB holster (have the same style for my large Model 13-3 for CCW, works great for me), and Sig Sauer V-Crown 9mm to load it with for carry after some range testing. Not counting the ammo, I'm at $352.00 for the gun, two mags, and the holster. Still feel pretty good about that, and the condition of the gun was worth that amount in the end.

Range report coming soon!

New Model 915-img_3515-jpg

New Model 915-img_3516-jpg

New Model 915-img_3519-jpg

New Model 915-img_3520-jpg

New Model 915-img_3521-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3515.jpg (73.9 KB, 709 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3516.jpg (97.1 KB, 701 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3519.jpg (48.0 KB, 694 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3520.jpg (44.3 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3521.jpg (74.0 KB, 685 views)

Last edited by 915; 09-17-2017 at 09:16 PM.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: