View Single Post

Old 08-21-2017, 03:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 508 Times in 240 Posts

Sorry to "zombie" this thread but I had to chime in........I tried the TulAmmo .357 today for the first time in a DA revolver, one of my range beater Ruger GP100's......fired fine, very accurate, but I had to tap the ejector rod against a piece of wood to get the shells out.

Normally I HATE doing this as the risk of breaking the ejector star makes my skin crawl but I had nothing else left but this ammo, no cleaning rod, and I was determined to get some range time in. Plus the ejector star on a GP100 is like 1/16" thick.......after 8 cylinders of having to use moderate tapping to get the cases out I called it quits and just fired some .22 before leaving.

This same revolver worked beautifully with over 1,000 rounds of TulAmmo .38 last summer , must be the increased pressure causing the cases to stick. Oh well, there's always the next range day.

That said my .357 Blackhawk loves the TulAmmo stuff, and sticky cases aren't an issue for plinking with a single action.

I have a 1,000 round case of the TulAmmo .38 left, $240 is too good a price not to keep buying the .38 stuff. However it does not get used in anything but "range blaster/training" revolvers.