View Single Post

Old 08-21-2017, 07:06 PM

Liked 7,729 Times in 2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
So you, recognizing that striker fired pistols can and have been modified for service by significantly increasing the trigger pull weight, don't make holsters for these S&W revolver models either, because you can't prevent them from being fired: 38, 40, 42, 49, etc. . . . ?
Muss, I think I'm going to have to head over to my other threads and make this point: you appear to be looking for my posts because you are an AIWB fan and you know that I am against it; and then you make argumentative, nonsensical posts that you imagine are 'responsive'. To wit:

I don't make holsters for the small frame Smiths because I haven't yet worked up a pattern. I did work up one for a Dick Special for a very long-time customer because I felt he deserved it as a 'thank you', and it was a real pain but he is worth it. But frankly I remain to be convinced that my current design is adaptable to revolvers. The irony is that the ones I've made so far -- one each for Ruger and Smith "L" frames -- WORK really well but I just don't like the looks of them. My armourer really likes his.

With pistols that have hammers, such as 1911s and DA autos and DA revolvers and SA revolvers, holster makers CAN provide a method to absolutely prevent them from firing in the holster -- if the buyer chooses to have a strap. On the holsters I make, which are made (1) strapless with adjustable resistance to draw (2) hammer and rear sight guard, ditto (3) ThumRake (tm) that includes hammer and rear sight guard, ditto -- these options are NO CHARGE. So my customers can select them, and any/every other option including kangaroo leather lining, which costs me more money, without a cost penalty.

And no, Muss, I'm not 'shouting' in the old parlance when I use all caps, necessarily. I suppose I could instead, underline the lines I want to emphasise, if that would make you happy. But making you happy is not my role.